Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day One

Okay.

Object: to keep a blog updated for 101 consecutive days, nothing huge, perhaps just a quick status update, but if i have time to check facebook every 20 minutes at night, then I have time to update this right. Let's see how long it lasts.

Summary of today: I'm still sick. This is at least my 10th straight day being sick. Runny nose, sore throat, coughing up a lung kinda sick. I've gone through 4 boxes of kleenex and a box of benadryl all in one. And still sick. I made an appointment to see the Dr. on Friday morning. I hope he tells me I need time off to get better.

Clarification: I realize I'm very lucky to just have had 2 weeks off, not to mention a week off in October and a week off (away in a different country) in November. I also realize I'm lucky enough to have a stable job that pays well in these trying economic times. HOWEVER my doctor is constantly telling me that the stress of my job is what continues to make me sick. If that is true, then perhaps the thought of going back to work over the holidays prevented me from getting better, and now that i'm back to work and in the swing of things, i'll never get better! Truth is, even if he said you need to take time off, I don't think i'd have the guts to do it. I'm just not that kinda gal.

Alright, well i'm techinically feeling slightly better then I was this afternoon at 3pm. I'm still feeling like crap. therefore instead of doing the rest of the things on my list (clean kitchen, knit grey mitts, make dinner, take down christmas decorations) i'm going to jump in the shower, put on my comfy pj's, put in season 2, disc one of Desperate Housewives, snuggle under my new sheets in my very comfortable bed and and fall alseep.



0 comments:

Post a Comment