Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day Thirty

Wow, thirty days - i'm getting good. I really need to keep this up once I get past 101 days - maybe not every day, but at least 3 times a week. Keeps the brain active. Although maybe i'll come up with more interesting things to write about by then.

Random thoughts that I realized/learned from facebook today:
There are some people from high school that I wish to never see/ chat with again, 5 years was enough time with them. However there are other classmates from my high school years that I wish I would have either stayed better friends with while we were there, or would have kept better contact with over the years after school. I'm glad that I've stayed in touch with Amanda and Steph - clearly the most important over all these years. But every once in a while, when I see the people who have stayed closer to home or family that still lives in Listowel and the bond they share and see each other all the time, and go to each others weddings and all have kids the same age and so on and so forth. It just makes me want to go back and live the same life.

I think I always just assumed that we would all live there or close to there (Listowel) and all get married around the same time, and all have kids around the same time, and have play dates, and afternoon tea, and watch movies together on Friday nights. I don't know, lately I just miss that simple life more and more.

And its not that my life is very complicated here. Get up, go to work, come home. Knit, sew, sleep. Repeat. But its just lacking things that will never be able to be fulfilled living in the city.

Anyways my point is that I think I could have had a slightly bigger circle of friends from high school had I tried a bit harder. Some of you I stalk on facebook and peek into your lives, and very much envy the little things. Oh and I wish we could go for sunday tea and catch up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment